Tuesday, October 7, 2014

dumped


 
I am an uncomplicated woman. I like easy relationships. You give a little, you take a little. You tell the truth and you expect honesty in return. No muss, no fuss. 

Which is why I don't have lots of close friends. I can count the number of close friends on one hand, intimate friends on fingers.  As outgoing and gregarious as I seem to the outside world, I could also be the old woman on the hill and be by myself. Which is why something that happened last week has left me sad, blue, but more importantly confused as to why I feel lonely.

I have been dumped by my best friend. And if that wasn't bad enough, she did it with a text message. It was one of those, "it's me, not you. I love you like a sister, love you forever, but we need to cool our friendship for awhile, hope you understand." 

I did not understand. I still do not understand. I did not respond. 

+friend
+best friend
+lonely





















6 comments:

  1. Wow that is harsh. I'm like you in that I have few friends. Truthfully, I don't know why the ones I have put up with me. But I'm glad they do.
    Any clue as to why she was SO MEAN?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do, actually. She used to date a relative of mine. I guess she's a believer in the old "blood is thicker than" quote.
      Oh, but what a friend you have in Ray!

      Delete
    2. oooo. Relatives and best friends should never mix. I've often thought they should have eharmony-type websites for best friends; I think it would really take off. I consider Niki Moore, Ray's number on British Fan, one of my best friends now. Met her (and Jez) through Ray's blog. Best thing I ever did, adopting him.
      Time for a blind dog?

      Delete
  2. I thought I was your best friend!!??!!! Is this your way of dumping me??????

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, Mike, of course you still are. Have you received your "Dear Mike" letter, yet?? ;-)

      Delete