Sunday, December 1, 2013

Sunday morning tête-à-tête

The bed is warm and comfy, the air in the bedroom is cool. The small fan on the dresser is spinning its white noise. I know I should get up, but it's Sunday morning and this just feels too good. I start to drift off again when I feel movement on the other side of the bed. I know who it is. I am all too familiar with his tactics. I turn over on my side hoping, but already knowing I'm wrong, he'll stretch out next to me and just be content to cuddle  He pauses just for a moment to reassess the situation. I feel the pressure on the bed as he moves closer to me. I lay very still and try to play possum, but I know he will not be denied. He moves down to the foot of the bed and I feel the pressure of him begin at my feet, move up to my thigh and higher still.  He reaches up to pull the sheet down from around my neck to expose my chest. It is at this moment that he makes his first sound.

"MEOW!" Bosco is only the point man. The other two cats stare at me from the doorway. Breakfast is late.

10 comments:

  1. If you go a week without updating your blog people think you're dead

    ReplyDelete
  2. Goodness! You're such a bloody tease! You had me going there. I was even dribbling my whisky!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. To borrow a phrase, my work here is done.

      Delete
    2. Isn't there such a thing as Value for Money in Texas? Sheesh, and not even one photo of your pussy!

      Delete
    3. Thank you. It's the way I tell 'em.

      I know Texas, btw. I got done $650 by the Poh-lice in Goliad for being overweight on one axle of a rig I was hauling from Houston to Belize with a D6 'dozer on the back.

      Delete
    4. That's quite a journey! But, in Texas, it's "done got".

      Delete
    5. 'Done Got', Right. No wonder the Smokey's fined me.

      When I was in Houston, I tried to make a telephone call using a public phone by one of those tenement buildings over on the East Side, This guy came up and demanded to know what I was doing using his phone so I tried to explain I had absolutely no idea it was his phone and I was quite sorry for my temerity. He pulled a gun out and shouted, 'A Faggoty Englishman! I'm gonna shoot me a faggoty Englishman!' Needless to say, I didn't hang around.

      I think I still hold the world record for being able to reverse an F150 out of a dodgy suburb and onto the I10 heading Westbound all the time wondering which side of the road I should be on.

      Delete