Thursday, January 8, 2015

Ride 'Em Cowboy




I get home late today. As usual, I go to my bedroom, strip off the day's work uniform, and put on my comfies. Then I go into the adjourning bathroom to hang up my clothes. I notice Moby sitting next to the toilet, and with a very impatient look on his face, says "Maaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhh!" I realize, damn! I left the toilet lid closed when I left for work this morning. My big cat, my big boy Moby drinks out of the commode. The term "toilet water" has a real meaning for my handsome man.

So, of course I apologize to him, and immediately lift the lid, whereupon he proceeds to lean into the bowl and drink as if he had just crossed the Gobi. Side note here to all you PETA people: my cats have fresh water at their easy access in my kitchen, so don't even go there with me.

I finish the hanging of my duds. Moby has finished his camel concession, and saunters over to sit on the bathroom rug and gaze through the door into the bedroom. I means he is just kind of do doodly doing it, lah de dahhing it, when BAM! Out from behind the shower curtain, hidden like the stealthy ninja kitty that he is, Bosco flies down, and lands just behind Moby's butt. Moby looks at me with the "oh, shit" face and jumps into the air one foot and starts to run out of the room. Bosco, not missing a beat, wraps his arms around Moby's neck, and rides him out of the bathroom like a monkey on a dog.

I laughed for thirty minutes. Moby has not looked at me since.














2 comments: