Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Happy Gotcha Day Bosco


Some of the blogs I read follow a tradition they call "Throwback Thursday".  This Throwback Thursday is twofold for me and one of my kids. Today is Bosco's birthday/gotcha day. I know Gotcha Days are supposed to be the day one officially adopts a pet. I knew he was my Gotcha from Day One.

I first met little Boz on the day he was born and knew, especially after his Mama's owner later told me she was going to keep the kittens as mousers at her horse barn, that when the time came, he was coming home with me.  Now don't get me wrong, being a mouser at a horse barn for some kitties is a fun and admirable profession. But there was something I sensed in Bosco and it did not scream "MOUSER!" He seemed a little more sensitive than a professional pest control officer. And when I brought him home at six weeks, I knew I was right.

He has been my shadow for the past eight years, my bedfellow, my sweet guy, my little gay boy. He has the sweetest little voice and he loves to talk, but he only talks to me. He's afraid of the sound of  the doorbell, but he loves to sit in front of the open glass door when the sun is shining through. He never lets me be alone in my bathroom, which is probably too much information, but it's always nice to get out of the shower and see him on the counter waiting for me, talking in his sweet, small voice.

Happy Birthday/Gotcha day, my sweet Bosco.













4 comments: