Sunday, April 13, 2014

Dream A Little Dream



For the past three nights, I have had three different, but similar dreams. Each dream was in a different place, but had the same theme. In the first dream, I was in a large mansion, almost like a castle. The second dream was set in a huge meadow, with barns and sheds set about. The third was in a Las Vegas, almost circus, like setting. I was with large groups of people, they all partying and having fun in the large settings, all milling about amid chaos. In each dream, I had no money, had lost my phone and if I held an iPad, it was someone else's. I knew no one. And I was terrified, almost hysterical in my search for my things and a way out of the bedlam. The people in the dream would try to distract me from my fear with varying degrees of success.

There were odd activities happening all around. At one time, there were three people sailing up in a boat wanting me to go with them, even though there was no water. There were also the flyers, which in a normal situation I would have been fascinated with as it is something I've always wanted to do, but these flyers were more swoopers, more raptor like. All I wanted was to get away, away from what I did not know, away from these people. In each dream, I would run through a labyrinth, terrified and knowing that I would not find the exit.

I would suddenly wake up, my body dripping with sweat, my breathing rapid and shallow. I would search around my always dark bedroom for any sign of unfamiliar light. I would put my hands out around me to feel for the warmth of my cats. Feeling comfortable that I had awoken and all was well, I would relax back into the pillows. Then the worst part would happen. I would fall back asleep and the dreams would begin as they had left off.

~MfT

4 comments:

  1. Here's a tip my mom gave me when I was a kid having bad dreams: Don't eat bananas before you go to bed.
    And here's a tip I'll give you: Don't buy a book claiming to interpret dreams. They all mean death and destruction, including ones about puppies and kittens.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's funny, I very rarely remember my dreams and here were three, bam-bam-bam, in a row. Last night it was a very detailed dream about a ghost in a two story house where four of my friends and I were staying.
      I have never taken much stock in dream interpretation. I always thought it was just thoughts in a cluttered mind trying to escape.
      I like your Mom's tip. It's better than the soap under the mattress one. :-)

      Delete
  2. That is interesting. It seems to be an anxiety dream.

    ReplyDelete