Sunday, January 19, 2014

Happy Day




I have a birthday coming up. This is a milestone birthday, of sorts. I love milestones. Milestones mean that something significant has happened. I think some people think of a birthday as a millstone. This stone isn't a burden to me because, unlike a lot of people I know, I’m excited to have birthdays. Fifty nine is my stone, the last stone in the sixth decade of my life.

 

I refuse to do a reflection of my life now because I have plenty of life yet to live. I do know that I have many things to be happy about. I know I've lived life as full as needed at the time. I know I have been a loyal and helpful friend. I don't lie. I've never stolen, except that time in fourth grade when my Mother caught me and I apologized. So never mind.

 

I've grabbed life when life, at the time, didn't want to be grabbed by me. I've snagged things that should not have been snagged, but I did and I lived. My birthday means that I will have another year to go places I've never been; have experiences that are still unknown. I'm excited. I cannot wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment