Saturday, January 18, 2014

Death and Texas


When someone dies in this part of Texas, in small towns where everyone knows everyone, you show your love with food and time. You get the call that a loved one has passed and you run to the grocery store and stock up on food that can be frozen, saved for later, used for another time when grief takes over and the family just doesn’t need to cook. My friend, Glynnis, lost her husband of forever on Tuesday. He died at 2:45 and I was at their home by 3:30. I went there to listen, to help grieve.

David told his forever wife and favorite daughter on Saturday to go away from the hospital and not come back. He didn't want them to see him when the time came. I don't think I would have left, but he wasn't my Husband or Daddy. He was theirs. He will be cremated and his ashes will be spread onto the lake that he loved, as it should be. David was a strong man. He was the rock for his family. He will be missed terribly, but he will be remembered forever.

Yesterday, January 17th, he and Glynnis would have been married fifty years.

No comments:

Post a Comment